First the bad news: Loki, the Norse god of ill-timed injuries, has made his way up University Blvd. to the softball complex.
Alabama senior outfielder Elissa Brown underwent successful surgery this week for a broken hand. She is out indefinitely but is expected to make a full recovery and return later this season. pic.twitter.com/PgOKfBkll0— Alabama Softball (@AlabamaSB) February 13, 2020
We wish her a speedy recovery. And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Team24 dropped three of four games this past weekend in a Tallahassee tournament in which they probably should have won at least three. They need to regroup in a hurry because this weekend they face three ranked teams.
St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational (Clearwater, FL)
- Thurs, Feb. 13: Liberty 8:30am CT, ESPN3
- Thurs, Feb. 13: #1 Washington 3pm CT, ESPN2
- Fri, Feb. 14: USF 9:30am CT, ESPN3
- Fri, Feb. 14: #3 UCLA 3pm CT, ESPNU
- Sat, Feb. 15: #13 Oklahoma State 9:30am CT, SECN
[All games available on radio: 93.3 FM]
- Who will play centerfield? [no, not John Fogerty]
- Will junior infielder Maddie Morgan be back in the lineup?
- Will freshman catcher Abby Doerr make her debut?
- Will Patrick Murphy adjust the batting lineup?
- Can the defense cut down on the errors?
- Will Bailey Hemphill’s bat return to form?
- Will we start seeing more dingers like the team that hit 89 last season?
- Who will the pitching starters be? If it were me: Lexi Kilfoyl (Liberty), Montana Fouts (UW), Sarah Cornell (USF), Fouts (UCLA), Kilfoyl (Okie Lite).
- How will the umps screw the Tide this time?