Much of the drama of this recruiting cycle for the Crimson Tide and many other top Power-5 programs played out back in December during the Early Signing Period. 292 of the top 300 recruits ranked by the 247sports composite are already signed or firmly committed.
Alabama has 22 recruits who signed early, 13 of whom are already enrolled in classes (EE). The two McEachern commits signed early this morning while you were dragging your sorry arses out of bed. Including those two, the general belief is the Tide will sign five during the second signing period, known as “National Signing Day”.
- Bryce Young QB (Santa Ana, CA) 6’0”/180 EE
- Chris Braswell DE/LB (Baltimore, MD) 6’3”/225 EE
- Drew Sanders LB (Denton, TX) 6’5”/212 EE
- Demouy Kennedy ILB (Theodore, AL) 6’2”/215 EE
- William Anderson DE (Hampton, GA) 6’4”/235 EE
- Jase McClellan RB (Aledo, TX) 5’10.5”/202 EE
- Roydell Williams RB (Hueytown, AL) 5’10”/210 EE
- Thaiu Jones-Bell WR (Carol City, FL) 5’11”/190 EE
- Jackson Bratton ILB (Muscle Shoals, AL) 6’3”/226 EE
- Traeshon Holden WR (Harbor City, CA) 6’3”/200 EE
- Jahquez Robinson CB (Jacksonville, FL) 6’2”/180 EE
- Ronald Williams CB (Ferriday, LA) 6’2”/190 EE
- Seth McLaughlin OC (Buford, GA) 6’4”/275 EE
- Quandarrius Robinson OLB (Birmingham, AL) 6’5”/217
- Brian Branch S (Tyrone, GA) 6’1”/178
- Timothy Smith DT (Sebastian, FL) 6’4”/315
- Jah-Marien Latham DT (Pickens County, AL) 6’3”/290
- Kristian Story QB/S (Lanett, AL) 6’2”/198
- Malachi Moore S (Trussville, AL) 6’0”/175
- Javion Cohen OL (Phenix City, AL) 6’5”/296
- Kyle Edwards RB (Destrehan, LA) 6’0”/210
- Caden Clark TE (Akron, OH) 6’4”/230
- Javon Baker WR (Powder Springs, GA) 6’1”/183 - SIGNED, LOI RECEIVED
- Jamil Burroughs DT (Powder Springs, GA) 6’3”/320 - SIGNED, LOI RECEIVED
- Damieon George OL (Houston, TX) 6’7”/345 - SIGNED, LOI RECEIVED
National Letters of Intent do not become official until the universities receive copies of the forms signed by the player and a parent or guardian, usually by fax or digital copies. This will cause delays between the statuses of “signed” and “received”.
STILL ON THE BOARD
The following prospects are announcing today and expected to sign with the school of their choice. The times are approximate and should be adjusted for the arbitrary pontificatings of windbag high school coaches.
[This section will be updated throughout the day.]
- CB Ennis Rakestraw (Duncanville, TX) 6’1”/170 - Alabama, Texas, Mizzou (8am CT) Signed with MIZZOU
- DT McKinnley Jackson DT (Lucedale, MS) 6’3”/327 - Alabama, TAMU, LSU, Aub, OM (9:30am CT) Signed with TAMU
- OC Sedrick Van Pran (New Orleans, LA) 6’3”/327 - Georgia, Alabama, Florida (10am CT) Signed with UGA
- DE Alfred Collins (Bastrop, TX) 6’5”/284 - Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama (2:50pm CT) Signed with Texas
ANOTHER KICKING PWO
Punter/kicker Chase Allen has accepted a preferred walk-on offer from Alabama. He is a 6’2” 188 lbs from Colleyville, Texas. Chris Sailer Kicking ranked him 5-stars and the ninth overall placekicker for 2020. He had full offers from Villanova, Lamar, Tarelton State and a few others. Ole Miss had also offered a PWO.
- TV coverage will be sparse. SEC Network and ESPNU will be your best bet.
- Nick Saban will hold a press conference at 4pm CT.
QUESTIONS, RUMORS & CARELESS SPECULATION
[This section will also be updated throughout the day.]
- 5-star DT Jordan Burch (Columbia, SC) committed to hometown South Carolina back in December but did not sign. Will Muschamp must be a little concerned since he sent 8 of his 10 assistant coaches and several current Gamecocks to go see Burch’s basketball game last week. Burch should sign with SC but ya never know... (12pm CT)
UPDATE: Burch did not even do a hat switcheroo thing. He was sticking with South Carolina all the way. He just wanted to sign with his teammates. How refreshing.
UPDATE II: Despite the second announcement, Burch has still yet to sign his LOI. Hmmm...
- Will former Bama commit Jayson Jones sign with Oregon or agree to take a blueshirt with Alabama? His decision should come at 2pm CT.
UPDATE: Signed with Oregon. It is so ridicouls that everyone is calling this a “flip” just because for whatever reason Jones refused to officially decommit. Alabama had not been recruiting him for almost a year and it was well known he was not going to be a part of this class.
- What will happen with 5-star headcase RB Zach Evans?
- I really wish Bama could’ve found room for RB Jahmyr Gibbs but they did pretty well with what they got at the position. Will he stick with Georgia Tech? (12:30pm CT)
UPDATE: Announced he’s sticking with his commitment to Georgia Tech.
- What will become of juco DB Nadab Joseph?
- Something good actually happened for Miami. High 4-star safety Avantae Williams (#44 overall) picked the ‘Canes over Florida.
- 3-star OL Brady Ward out of St. Paul’s (Mobile, AL) will grayshirt with Ole Miss.