We have not had North American sports since seasons were cancelled during that week of March 11th — March 13th. Partially as a result of that drought, and partially because of questions surrounding Tua Tagovailoa, this year’s NFL Draft figures to be one of the most-watched one in recent history.
And, hey, if we’re going to speculate, why not put some money on line...even if it’s not something you’d normally wager upon. I know I’ll play along this year, because (and I don’t know about you,) after five weeks of stay-at-home, I could do with a little adrenaline rush anyway.
Big shout-out to SBD, for generating Alabama-specific props for me to share with you guys.
College Prop Bets
LSU (o/u 7.5) and Alabama (o/u 7.0) are projected to have the most players selected in the first two rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft this week based upon the SportsBettingDime.com over/unders for each of the players ranked in the top 64.
Alabama Total Picks 1st and 2nd Round
‘Bama Player (overall pick)
1. Tua Tagovailoa: 4.5
2. Jedrick Wills: 9.5
3. Jerry Jeudy: 12.0
4. Henry Ruggs III: 15.0
5. Xavier McKinney: 21.0
6. Trevon Diggs: 34.0
7. Terrell Lewis: 51.5
8. Raekwon Davis: 74.5
9. Anfernee Jennings: 122.5
Odds to Jump the Most Among Projected Round 1 & 2 Picks
1. Jeff Gladney: 13/1
2. Jeremy Chinn: 14/1
3. Kyle Dugger: 14/1
4. Noah Igbinoghene: 16/1
5. Prince Tega Wanogho: 16/1
6. Jaylon Johnson: 18/1
7. Brandon Aiyuk: 20/1
8. FIELD: 3/4
Odds to Fall the Most Among Projected Round 1 & 2 Picks
1. Jacob Eason: 12/1
2. Curtis Weaver: 13/1
3. Tee Higgins: 13/1
4. D’Andre Swift: 14/1
5. Bryce Hall: 14/1
6. Antoine Winfield: 15/1
7. Kyle Dugger: 17/1
8. FIELD: 9/10
@SBD First Round NFL Final Mock Draft
1. Cincinnati Bengals Joe Burrow
2. Washington Redskins Chase Young
3. Detroit Lions Jeff Okudah
4. New York Giants Jedrick Willis Jr
5. Miami Dolphins Tua Tagovailoa
6. Los Angeles Chargers Justin Herbert
7. Carolina Panthers Isaiah Simmons
8. Arizona Cardinals Tristan Wirfs
9. Jacksonville Jaguars Derrick Brown
10. Cleveland Browns Mekhi Becton
11. New York Jets CeeDee Lamb
12. Las Vegas Raiders Jerry Jeudy
13. San Francisco 49ers Javon Kinlaw
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Andrew Thomas
15. Denver Broncos Henry Ruggs III
16. Atlanta Falcons CJ Henderson
17. Dallas Cowboys K’Lavon Chiasson
18. Miami Dolphins Josh Jones
19. Las Vegas Raiders Kristian Fulton
20. Jacksonville Jaguars Jordan Love
21. Philadelphia Eagles Justin Jefferson
22. Miami Dolphins Xavier McKinney (*Trade)
23. New England Patriots Kenneth Murray
24. New Orleans Saints Patrick Queen
25. Minnesota Vikings AJ Terrell
26. Minnesota Vikings Denzel Mims
27. Seattle Seahawks Yetur Gross-Matos
28. Cincinnati Bengals – Austin Jackson (*Trade)
29. Tennessee Titans AJ Epenesa
30. Green Bay Packers Brandon Aiyuk
31. San Francisco 49ers Ceasr Ruiz
32. Miami Dolphins D’Andre Swift (*Trade)
Will any draftee experience technical difficulties?
Will any first-round draftee put on the wrong team hat?
Who will the No. 1 pick hug first?
Will any draftee pop champagne?
Will a draft spot be moved back due to missing a pick?
Will ESPN mention that Andrew Thomas played in his high school band?
Will ESPN mention that Jake Fromm played in the LLWS?
Will ESPN say ‘Swahili’ when talking about Jeff Okudah?
How many draftees will be seen in a tie?
How many draftees will have glasses on?
Will any draftee be shown drinking beer?
Total dogs shown during the first round
OVER 3.5 dogs+100
UNDER 3.5 dogs-140
Total cats shown during the first round
OVER 0.5 cats-120
UNDER 0.5 cats-120
Highest number of people in the same room
OVER 9.5 people-160
UNDER 9.5 people+120
And there are lots, lots more prop bets at Odds Shark too, if those are your thing.
FINALLY, a programming note: Tomorrow morning, we’re posting our editorial round table on where we think players will be drafted, who is drafting whom, and some analysis of the Crimson Tide’s prospective pros.
Meanwhile, enjoy this poll for today.
How many dogs will be shown in the First Round?
This poll is closed
Over 3.5 Puppers
Under 3.5 Goodest Boys