For months upon months, Terrence “TJ” Ferguson was believed to be a slam dunk signing with the Georgia Bulldogs. However, it was not meant to be. The highly-ranked offensive lineman announced his commitment to Alabama on Sunday.
The 4-star Fort Valley, GA resident is ranked No. 47 overall by 247sports composite rankings and rated as the second-best guard.
“Possesses adequate stature and good length for an offensive lineman. Has room to add good mass to his frame while also reshaping his body once in a college strength and conditioning program. Works at left tackle for his high school, but could project at several spots along the offensive line at the next level. Is a functional, athletic mover and marries his footwork with his length and heavy hands, making him a punishing run blocker. Plays with an edge and finishes blocks with authority. Effective in getting a push against defensive ends while also having the athletic ability to get to the second level against linebackers. Looks more advanced as a run blocker than in pass protection at this point, but shows signs of developing into an effective protector in the pass game with his length, feet and ability to anchor on contact. Has a little positional uncertainty and some lack of true athletic context at this stage and will need to continue developing from a technical standpoint.” Charles Power 247sports
Ferguson helped lead Peach County to an Class AAA State runner up finish in 2019. The Crimson Tide will likely develop the 6’4” 300 lbs recruit as a guard but he can certainly play tackle at this level.
Ferguson is the 15th commitment for Bama for the Class of 2021. He chose the Tide over UGA with FSU coming in third. Charles Kelly was the primary recruiter with help from Kyle Flood.
The additions of Ferguson, the Brockermeyer twins and JC Latham are turning this class into an epic one for the offensive line.
CURRENT 2021 COMMITS (15)
The Crimson Tide continue their meteoric rise up the the Team Rankings with five of the top 50 and 11 of the top 200:
- Tommy Brockermeyer OT Fort Worth, TX 6’6”/288 #5 247sports composite.
- JC Latham OT Chicago, IL (IMG, FL) 6’6”/305, #17
- Jacorey Brooks WR Miami, FL 6’3”/180 #27
- Dallas Turner DE/OLB Ft. Lauderdale, FL 6’4”/235 #44
- TJ Ferguson OL Fort Valley, GA 6’4”/300 #47
- Agiye Hall WR Valricio, FL 6’2”/183 #71
- Deontae Lawson LB Mobile, AL 6’3”/215 #111
- Christian Leary WR Orlando, FL 5’9”/190 #125
- Kendrick Blackshire LB Duncanville, TX 6’2”/245 #151
- Kaine Williams S Marrero, LA 6’2”/190 #153
- James Brockermeyer OG/OC Fort Worth, TX 6’3” 273 #188
- Ian Jackson LB Prattville, AL 6’1”/210 #233
- Kadarius Calloway DB Philadelphia, MS 6’0”/210 #366
- Devonta Smith CB Cincinnati, OH 6’0”/185 #403
- Anquin Barnes DT Montgomery, AL 6’5”/310 #490
5-star DT Damon Payne?