DATE: Saturday, January 30, 2021
TIME: 1:30pm CT
LOCATION: University of South Alabama, Hancock Whitney Stadium
TV: NFL Network
TICKETS: Limited capacity tickets sold out weeks ago.
For the first time ever, the 2021 Senior Bowl will take place at USA’s sparkling new stadium. Seven former Crimson Tide players are participating in some capacity, though not all will play. For some reason, they have divided Alabama players up on separate teams. Two Tide players will be coached by the Miami Dolphins staff who own the third, 18th and 35th picks of the upcoming draft. Five are under the tutelage of the Carolina Panthers staff, whose coaches are led by Matt Rhule and Joe Brady. The Panthers have the 8th pick and need a quarterback. Hint, Hint.
Coached by the Dolphins (yes, I know Miami is in the AFC but that is what the website says)
Players of note:
- Alabama RB Najee Harris - wearing #22, has been practicing and looks like he was made in a lab, but will not play.
- Alabama WR DeVonta Smith - wearing #0, still wearing a significant wrap around his hand, won’t play. He was involved in meetings.
- Arkansas QB Feleipe Franks
- Notre Dame QB Ian Book
- Texas QB Sam Ehlinger
- Ohio State DL Jonathon Cooper
- Ohio State LB Justin Hilliard
- Ohio State LB Baron Browning
- Ohio State LB Tuf Borland
- North Carolina LB Chazz Surratt
- Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt
- North Carolina RB Michael Carter
- Ole Miss TE Kenny Yeboah
- Louisville WR Desmond Fitzpatrick
- Michigan WR Nico Collins
- Notre Dame WR Ben Skowronek
Coached by the Panthers (see above - NFC)
Players of note:
- Alabama QB Mac Jones - wearing #10, rolled his left ankle at Thursday’s practice and said there’s a chance he won’t play depending on how it responds Saturday.
- Alabama OL Deonte Brown - wearing #65
- Alabama OL Alex Leatherwood - wearing #70
- Alabama LS Thomas Fletcher - wearing #45
- Alabama OL Landon Dickerson - wearing #69, of course; not playing but is part of the meetings, etc.
- Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond
- Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman
Florida QB Kyle Trask(backed out)
- Mississippi State RB Kylin Hill
- Missouri RB Larry Rountree III
- Clemson WR Amari Rodgers
- Clemson WR Cornell Powell
- Florida WR Kadarius Toney
- Florida WR Trevon Grimes
- LSU WR Racey McMath
- South Carolina WR Shi Smith
- Tennessee WR Josh Palmer
- Georgia TE Tre McKitty
- Michigan RB Chris Evans
- Georgia OL Ben Cleveland
- Kentucky OL Drake Jackson
- Tennessee OL Trey Smith
- Texas A&M OL Dan Moore Jr.
- Auburn LB KJ Britt - the only Auburn player.
- Georgia LB Monty Rice
- LSU LB Jabril Cox
- Florida State DL Marvin Wilson - Former 5-star
- Georgia DL Malik Herring
- Central Florida DB Aaron Robinson
- Florida DB Shawn Davis
- Georgia DB DJ Daniel
- Georgia DB Mark Webb
- LSU DB JaCoby Stevens
- Missouri DB Joshuah Bledsoe
- Missouri DB Tyree Gillespie
The Senior Bowl has long been the premier venue for college seniors to display their wares for NFL scouts in live game action.
Although, seeing them in orange might be a bit sickening, it will be nice to see these young men play one more time as amateurs.
Full rosters can be found here.