The preseason No. 8 Alabama Crimson Tide Softball team takes to the diamond this week with a lot of buzz. The Tide were tabbed to win a crowded SEC field, have placed four on Softball America’s preseason POTY watch-list, and three on the preseason All-SEC team.
Unfortunately one of the most raucous environments in the sport will face a heavy reduction in fan attendance, with capacity capped at 30% (1180). Fewer butts in seats will not be the only change of note; Alabama is changing up a great deal for 2021.
- There will be no advanced public ticket sales — there are more season ticket-holders than available seats already. But, single-game, single-ticket sales may be available as the season goes along, and if there are any remaining following the student allotment.
- Seating will be socially distanced per CDC guidelines.
- Masks are required for entry and attendance, and must worn at all times when not eating or drinking.
- Ticketing will be 100% mobile to your smartphone, and there will be no reserved parking; first-come, first-serve only.
- In the event there are cancellations this year, refunds will be issued at the end of the season for any games that were not able to be hosted.
The Tide begins play in Austin this year on February 12th, with some stiff competition out of the gate, including No. 6 Texas and No. 3 Arizona. On the 19th, the Crimson Tide open home play with the Easton ‘Bama Bash (that includes a friendly vs. LSU on Sunday 2/21).
[Season preview coming on Monday.]