It’s a bittersweet day for ‘Bama fans. Spring is in the air as A-Day approacheth, and those of us lucky enough to count ourselves among the mere thousands chosen to grace the hallowed grounds of BDS will be treated to a hefty helping of our drug of choice — Alabama football.
Immortal legends, team captains, Heisman finalists (and at least one winner) will provide us with additional layers of ecstasy to sate our appetites for the destruction of our opponents’ dreams for next season. And then it’s over. For months. Sigh...
So let’s raise a glass and a smattering of our own song selections to soothe the savage beast and celebrate the end of the greatest season ever...and the start of the next greatest season ever.
Spin those records, people. Get down girls, go ‘head, get down...
- Gold Digger featuring Jamie Foxx by Kanye West
- Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
- Don’t Let’s Start by They Might Be Giants
- Pay Your Way In Pain by St. Vincent (Official Video)
- Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty
- Kiss You All Over by Exile
- Leaning on the Horn by Fetchin’ Bones
- Dear Bo Jackson by The Weeks (Full Album Livestream [music starts after 5:00])
- Robots (Live) by Flight of the Conchords
- When She Loved Me by Randy Newman
Bonus: I’m In Love With a Girl by Big Star (with lyrics)