‘Sup, y’all. Before we get started, I have a confession to make. I cheated. I know I shouldn’t have, but I did. This week, I cheated and only listed songs by acts I’ve seen perform live. I’m prepared to take the heat for it, but it’s summertime, there’s no ‘Bama ball going on, and I just wanted to shake things up a bit. And I’d like to invite you to do the same. Or follow the traditional format and list your first randomly selected songs. Or do something else that’s totally new. Fight for your right!
Why not? It’s summertime...
- She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride by Taj Mahal
- Do You Realize?? by The Flaming Lips
- Black Stars by Storm Orphans
- Let’s Dance by The Ramones
- Intimate Secretary by The Raconteurs
- Dance, Dance, Dance by Steve Miller Band
- Heart of Gold by Neil Young
- Fight For Your Right by Beastie Boys
- Around My Head by Cage the Elephant
- Dance of the Seven Veils by Liz Phair
Bonus: Goner by twenty one pilots