Before we get to visitors, let’s kick it off with last weekend’s visitor, Jayden Wayne. If you recall, the 2023 5-star DL was on an unofficial visit with his parents all the way from Tacoma, Washington. Wayne had rave reviews:
“It was amazing. I loved it. My parents loved it. They treated us like family. We got to meet with Coach Saban before the game. The game atmosphere was great. The players were dominant all game even though it was a blowout...
The way the staff treated me and my family was great. I had a meeting with Coach Saban after the game. I also talked to Coach Wiggins and his family. Coach Roach, too. I went to the locker room after the game. It was lit.” ~ Rivals.com
It is a long way until the 2023 Signing Day, but Alabama definitely has the inside track on his commitment.
Also visiting last weekend was 5-star CB AJ Harris. Though he lives in Phenix City, AL, he and his family are not originally from the area. He can also play wide receiver and kick returner for his school.
The following high school seniors currently committed to Alabama will be in town for the Ole Miss game as unofficial visitors/recruiters:
- Jeremiah Alexander, 5-star EDGE (Alabaster, AL)
- Emmanuel Henderson, 5-star RB (Hartford, AL)
- Ty Simpson, high 4-star QB (Martin, TN)
- Jaheim Oatis, high 4-star DL (Columbia, MS) - Need to hang on to this one. A big Alabama win over the Rebels would help.
- Tyler Booker, 4-star OT (New Haven, CT/IMG)
- Antonio Kite, 4-star ATH (Anniston, AL)
- Jake Pope, 3-star S (Buford, GA)
- Kobe Prentice, 3-star WR (Calera, AL)
- Elijah Pritchett, 4-star OT (Columbus, GA
- Robert Woodyard, 4-star ILB (Mobile, AL)
- Dayne Shor, OL 3-star (Alpharetta, GA)
- Jovantae Barnes, 4-star RB (Las Vegas, NV) - Alabama offered Barnes way back in December of 2019. He camped at Alabama this past June and impressed the Tide staff even more. Alabama has not done well with Sin City recruits in the past but Barnes may snap that trend. The only issue might be numbers. The Tide already have Henderson as well as a current roster full of young capable backs. Will they take a second RB in this class? Will Le’Veon Moss recommit? Stay tuned...
- Devon Campbell, 5-star OL (Arlington, TX) - The #12 overall recruit is leaning Texas but that could change after this weekend. He is a ready-to-play 6’3”/310. Alabama is in his top five with Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, and Oklahoma. FWIW, Tuscaloosa is the furthest distance from his hometown.
2022 UNOFFICIAL VISITORS
Barion Brown , 4-star WR (Nashville, TN) - HIGH priority, may commit soon. UPDATE: Now hearing he will OV Kentucky this weekend. Need to get him back to T-town ASAP!
- Khurtiss Perry, 4-star DL (Pike Road, AL)
2023 UNOFFICIAL VISITORS OF NOTE
- Kadarius Calloway, ATH, East Mississippi CC (Philadelphia, MS) - This projected DB was committed to Alabama for 2021 but did not qualify. He instead headed to juco. It is unclear if he has an offer for 2023.
- Tony Mitchell, 5-star CB (Alabaster, AL) - Back for his third straight Tuscaloosa home game. Teammate of Jeremiah Alexander for the 2019 & 2020 State Champs Thompson High School.
- Arch Manning, 5-star QB (New Orleans, LA) - Cool your jets. No need to embarrass your self like UGA did. He won’t be deciding anytime soon.
- Johntay Cook, 4-star WR (DeSoto, TX) - Ranked #45 overall, Cook is near the top of the “Want List” for Alabama.