It’s the second National Signing Day. Very little activity is expected to be coming out of Alabama. Two prospects are possible commits, but this Class of 2022 is pretty much wrapped up. Check out my predictions from yesterday.
The Crimson Tide has 13 Early Enrollees. They are signified below with EE. The numbers (#) represent their 247sports composite rankings.
- DE Jeremiah Alexander 5-star #17 (Alabaster, AL) 6’2”/235 EE
- EDGE Jihaad Campbell 5-star #21 (Camden County, NJ/IMG) EE
- QB Ty Simpson 5-star #25 (Martin, TN) 6’2”/197 EE
- WR Aaron Anderson 5-star #34 (New Orleans, LA) 5’10”/180 EE
- OL Elijah Pritchett 5-star #36 (Columbus, GA) 6’7”/290
- ATH Emmanuel Henderson 4-star #39 (Hartford, AL) 6’1”/185
- WR Isaiah Bond 4-star #51 (Buford, GA) 6’0”/175
- WR Shazz Preston 4-star #55 (Saint James, LA)
- OL Tyler Booker 4-star #56 (New Haven, CT/IMG) 6’5”/335 EE
- DL Khurtiss Perry 4-star #64 (Pike Road, AL) EE
- DT Jaheim Oatis 4-star #70 (Columbia, MS) 6’6”/348 EE
- LB Shawn Murphy 4-star #71 (Manassas, VA) 6’2”/222 EE
- WR Kobe Prentice 4-star #77 (Calera, AL) 5’11”/178
- WR Kendrick Law 4-star #85 (Shreveport, LA)
- RB Jamarion Miller 4-star #86 (Tyler, TX) 5’10”/200 EE
- CB Earl Little 4-star #105 (Plantation FL)
- CB Trequon Fegans 4-star #116 (Alabaster, AL) 6’2”/180 EE
- WR Amari Niblack 4-star #144 (St. Petersburg, FL) 6’4”/228 EE
- CB Antonio Kite 4-star #164 (Anniston, AL) 6’1”/185
- DT Isaiah Hastings 4-star #237 (Toronto, ON/Clearwater, FL) 6’5”/291
- TE Elijah Brown 4-star #312 (Huber Heights, OH 6’5”/230 EE
- OL Dayne Shor 3-star #386 (Alpharetta, GA) 6’5”/325 EE
- S Jake Pope 3-star #394 (Buford, GA) 6’1”/190
- DE Walter Bob 4-star #300 (Acadiana, LA) is heading to Hutchinson Community College (KS).
ON THE CLOCK
- Jalen Farmer 3-star IOL #394 (Buford, GA) 6’5”/325 - Florida commit is announcing today at 8:00 a.m. CT among Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky and Florida. UPDATE: FLORIDA
- Danny Lewis 3-star tight end #828 (New Iberia, LA) 6’4”/235 - will announce his decision at 1:00 p.m. He is down to Alabama, LSU, and Florida
- Wild Card? Not likely.
TRANSFER PORTAL NOTE
Last June, the SEC amended a rule that would allow transfers within the conference without having to sit out a year. However, in order for an athlete to be eligible immediately at their new school of choice, they must declare their intent to transfer by February 1 (yesterday) for fall sports.
- Texas A&M is eyeballing #8 Harold Perkins (who recently decommitted from the Aggs), #10 Shemar Stewart, and #38 Jacoby Matthews. LSU is in on Perkins and Matthews as well. Stewart is also looking at Miami
- Georgia is the favorite to sign #102 Christen Miller. The addition of this 4-star DL will not likely catapult them over TAMU or Alabama in the team rankings.
- Michigan is in a tight race with Washington for 5-star OT Josh Conerly. However with Jim Harbaugh’s wandering eye, UW might pull this one off.
We will update this post throughout the day.
- 8:00am CT: Regarding Lewis, Andrew Bone of Rivals said this A.M. he believes “Alabama may have the lead this morning.”
- 8:40am CT: As I predicted yesterday, Farmer stuck with the Gators. Some crootin experts are of the belief that Bama may have backed off since they were not looking to sign two. If true, that could bode well for landing Lewis.
- 9:30am CT: 4-star defensive lineman Caden Story (brother of Bama’s Kristian) has committed to Clemson. What a world in which the #204 player is not good enough for Alabama. 4-star linebacker TJ Dudley is on the clock.
- Story’s signing with Clemson means that Auburn signed only one of the state’s top ten players. Mobile LB Robert Woodyard is ranked #8 in the state and had been committed to the Crimson Tide until the team backed off of him (some theories have it that he committed to Bama before having a solid offer). Woodyard also represents Auburn’s top nationally ranked signee at #139. 3-star safety Laquan Robinson (Greenville, AL) is the only other known prospect who might sign with the Tigers today.
- 11:30am CT: Christen Miller commits to UGA.
- 11:35am CT: As posited yesterday, 4-star RB Jordan James did indeed flip from Georgia to Oregon.
- 11:45am CT: Safety Myles Rowser flipped from Arkansas to... wait for it... Campbell. The Fighting Camels are 3-12 over the last two seasons. The Detroit native’s move to the North Carolina FCS school is a bizarre own for sure. Maybe academics? Regardless, it is a big blow for the Hogs.
- 12:00pm CT: Miami pickpockets LSU for 4-star RB TreVonte’ Citizen out of Lake Charles, LA.
- LSU has landed only three of the top 10 players from the boot-shaped state - same number as the Crimson Tide have.
- 12:35pm CT: As a reaction to losing #192 James, Georgia picked up 3-star RB Andrew Paul. He is ranked the #534 overall prospect in the nation and 42nd best running back.
- 12:45pm CT: The No. 11 ranked kicker according to Kohls Kicking, Upton Bellenfant, will join Alabama this fall as a preferred walk-on. Mac Chiumento was another [possibility but he will walk on at FSU. Poor guy.
- 1:05pm CT: A surprise to nobody has Shemar Stewart committing the Texa$ A$M.
- 1:20pm CT: Danny Lewis commits to Alabama. I suppose grind dancing with his coach ain’t his thing. NTTAWWT
- Lewis is up from #828 to #611. It’s no bAMa BuMp. Go watch his highlight videos. For more info on Lewis, click here.
- 2:50pm CT: WHOA! Check out Clay Helton at Georgia Southern! The Eagles signed 4-star RB Terrance Gibbs out of Winter Park, FL - a HUGE pick up for that program. The Florida decommit had been considering Texas and a possible return to the Gators. Gibbs is the only 4-star to pick a Sun Belt Conference school this go-around thus far.
- GSU also has Jeremy Singleton, a WR transfer from Houston who caught 29 passes for 495 yards and 5 touchdowns, and Buffalo’s part-time starting QB and sixth year player Kyle Vantrease. I think it is safe to say Southern will no longer be running the triple option.
- 3:00pm CT: Speaking of the Sun Belt, Butch Jones has the top ranked class in the conference. Arkansas State has 18 commits - all but one are 3-stars. They also have former Crimson Tide players King Mwikuta and Eddie Smith transferring in.
- 3:45pm CT: Harold Perkins picks LSU.
- 4:05pm CT: Alex Rozier from Hattiesburg, MS will be a preferred walk-on long snapper for the Tide.
- 4:20pm CT: Devon Campbell to Texas.
- 5:20pm CT: Deion strikes again. 4-star WR (#53 nationally) Kevin Coleman signed with Jackson State over Miami and FSU. Too bad nobody will ever see him play on TV.
- 5:20pm CT: TJ Dudley signs with Clemson. Dabo has signed five from Alabama but nobody Bama wanted.
- 6:50pm CT: According to Rivals, Alabama finished the 2022 recruiting cycle with the No. 2 class in the country. However, they have the highest star average. Still waiting on 247sports to calculate.